Thursday, October 11, 2007

The role of criticism

There are times when criticism is warranted, but I have to wonder what the purpose is in creating a persona to do only that, then attmept to pass it off as entertainment.

Now I know we all have our ideas of what Caledon should and should not be, what belongs and what does not. Caledon is an ideal, I have my ideas as to how it should be, and I know that not everyone agrees with me. In most cases I use the covenant as my guide, and some have said I take it too seriously, but I believe in our governing document.

There is room in Caledon for all our ideas and idealism within the theme of our beloved nation.


Dialog is always an option, but it is the opinion of this CodePoet that the creation of a persona to criticize anonymously is not the work of a concerned citizen but that of one who is more concerned with tearing down than building up. If one does have a long history in Caledon and strong opinions and wants to criticize others, I say use the reputation you have built instead of hiding behind a constructed persona, and come out guns blazing with an avatar mere days old.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Zen.

Current Population: 2 said...

Well said, Mr Wormser.

FB

Edward Pearse said...

Couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Wormser,

One can only assume that your missive is addressed to this Writer. My intent is only to have an open discourse on issues that affect our great Natione and to provide, but one humble writer's opinione on the subjects. Open debate is the hallmark of a vibrant and free society.

As for my identity, as I've said before, I am but a simple widowe of a country minister. There is little beyond that designation that would be of interest to anyone of note.

Your humble servant,

Charity Dogsbody